Manager Board Administration
- Deputy Manager / Chief of staff
- Personal / Executive Assistant
- Brussel centrum
- Vast voltijds
Help shape Europe’s future! The manager Governance/Board Administration oversees the governance process and provides professional support to the different governing bodies of CEN and CENELEC.
The European Committee for Standardization (CEN) and the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC) are recruiting for the position Manager ‘Governance/Board Administration’ to join the Governance & Membership Department of the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre located in Brussels.
The role provides administrative services for specific governing bodies of both CEN and CENELEC: General Assemblies and Administrative Boards, Presidential Committees, the Joint President Group ....
This position is stand-alone, reports directly to the Director Governance & Membership and is part of a team of 4.
- Optimize the support provided to the different governing bodies by:
- following-up on decisions made by the CEN and CENELEC governing bodies;
- enabling an efficient flow of information to ensure an informed decision process.
- Coordinate the support to the Director and the CEN and CENELEC Officers in order to propose sound recommendations and decisions for the CEN and CENELEC governance by ensuring:
- coherence between all governing bodies;
- relevance of the content for each target audience;
- efficiency of the meeting programmes of the General Assemblies (AGs), Administrative Boards (CAs), Presidential Committee and Joint Presidents Group Annual Meetings;
- coherence of the content in the presentations for the Officers.
- Monitor strategic projects and portfolios, and report progress for decision to Director and Officers.
- Supervise the day-to-day governance tasks:
- ensuring that the corporate processes are executed in line with the corporate modus operandi and the timing specified in the Internal Rules;
- operating processes for governance meetings, issuing agenda and background document requests, and ensuring appropriate follow up with Directors;
- carrying out meeting preparations and follow up, including drafting of minutes and notes taking during specific meetings
- monitoring information flow, acting as a gatekeeper and ensuring others’ involvement in a project or decision-making process;
- ensuring the update and monitoring of the relevant data related to the governance (Members’ legal representatives, officers, etc…);
- supervising the process for the decisions by correspondence of the AGs and CAs.
- Be part of the organizing team for the CEN and CENELEC governance meetings, including practical arrangements, support and content (in close cooperation with the “Events” Manager), hands-on when required to ensure smooth and efficient running of the meetings.
- Coordinate the strategic review of procedures for the support to the CEN and CENELEC AGs, CAs and PC.
- Draft the Chair notes for the Presidents of CEN and CENELEC ahead of the meetings of the AGs, CAs and PC, ensuring that information on issues is included and highlighting areas for decision.
- Review various sources of information (correspondences, emails, reference documents, discussions with filed experts, etc) to frame specific issues and provide suggestions to respond to queries, requests and/or complaints.
- Perform preliminary research on a variety of topics through relevant resources.
- Analyse data and create reports, containing overviews of key metrics and/or relaying general information about the organization.
- Working closely in team within the Department as well as with the other Directors’ direct reports as needed.
- Maintain an efficient and effective day-to-day communication channel with internal and external partners through ensuring continuous and proper dialogue.
- Provide efficient and focussed support to the top management team to implement the strategies of CEN and CENELEC and to serve the interests of CEN, CENELEC and their Membership.
- Support the update of the Quality Management System by drafting accompanying work instructions/user manuals as appropriate and monitoring the related key figures and other indicators.
- Engage in the development of improvement schemes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor Degree with at least a 5-year experience in governance management.
- Previous experience in a membership organisation or in a European organization.
- Outstanding oral and written knowledge of English and French (German would be a plus).
- Effective and action-oriented, with the ability to think ahead and catch problems before they arise.
- Discrete with confidential matters.
- Ability to work under pressure and to focus on each area of responsibility flexibly and within time constraints.
- Ability to work flexibly with people of different cultures and languages, people oriented.
- Proficient in all Windows applications specifically Office 365 (Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams) and being technologically savvy.
- Willing to work out of office hours and to travel abroad, if required.
The European Committee for Standardization (CEN) (www.cen.eu) and the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC) (www.cenelec.eu) are looking for a Manager Governance/Board Administration to join the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre (www.cencenelec.eu).
The organisation is ideally situated in 1040 Brussels and easily accessible by public transport
Onze opdrachtgever biedt
- You will be part of a very international team within an organisation that takes care of their employees and offers evolution possibilities
- You will find yourself in a high-level position which you can further develop yourself
- A permanent contract of 38 hours per week with possibility to transfer overtime to extra holidays
- A competitive salary including meal vouchers, 100% public transport reimbursement, hospitalization and group insurance, bonus, mobile phone, home office allowance, extra-legal holidays, flexible working hours, very interesting home and remote working policy.