In his/her role, the successful candidate will perform activities related to various technical domains and therefore apply specific skills with a relative autonomy:
- Planning and prioritizing workload to ensure timely delivery according to agreed dates;
- Liaising with internal and external partners (e.g. CEN and CENELEC members, service providers or other) to resolve issues;
- Ensuring compliance of defined requirements in relation to quality control;
- Atively participate in the development, updating and implementation of policies and procedures;
- Participating in specific projects related to Standards Publications activities.
- Editing documents in accordance with the internal regulations within strict deadlines and maintaining a definite emphasis on quality:
- Reviewing and assessing comments from members impacting the document’s content
- Aligning potential discrepancies against drafting rules
- Seeking advice and validation of texts from relevant Technical Committee experts when necessary, maintaining an efficient two way communication channel
- Analysing and implementing CEN-CENELEC Consultants’ comments stemming from assessments against EU Directives, maintaining a two way communication channel with the Consultants
- Liaising with the responsible Programme Manager for management by exception cases
- Proofreading and assessing various production inputs and correcting them where necessary in line with drafting regulations;
- Maintaining accuracy and attention to details whilst performing quality checks of the editing work and provide feedback to staff where necessary;
- Monitoring the correct input of data into the CEN and CENELEC system in order to ensure that the related databases reflect all steps of the standards production process for each item;
- Maintaining attention to accuracy in order to support the production of standards in line with the agreed procedures and drafting rules;
- Processing the required number of standardization projects at their finalization and control stage in the most efficient and effective way;
- Participating in specific projects of the Unit, including e.g. planning, designing of questionnaires, reporting of the outcome and respecting milestones as defined in the scope;
- Being actively involved in the development of improvement schemes to increase speed and quality of content delivery;
- Bringing potential process and drafting issues to the attention of the Unit Manager;
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with external stakeholders (i.e. technical bodies secretaries);
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues from other Units to provide appropriate support on the CEN-CENELEC work programmes, as far as the standards texts are concerned;
- Supporting the functioning of the Unit through involvement in horizontal operation work within strict timeframes.
The European Committee for Standardization (CEN) (www.cen.eu) and the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC) (www.cenelec.eu) are looking for a Technical Editor to join the Standards Department of the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre. This position will report directly to the Unit Manager Publications.
Amongst other, the activities of the Standards Department include managing the editing, translation and publication of European Standards and other CEN and CENELEC deliverables.