Our client is looking for a Staffing Coordinator / Specialist for its Brussels and Amsterdam offices.
This is a full-time position based in Brussels for the first year, and then long term in Amsterdam. This person will be part of the Professional Development team and will report to the Manager of Professional Development. The position will be on coordinator level.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The staffing activities for the consulting staff on a daily basis. This requires constant interaction with consultants, Partners and with the Firm’s global staffing community
- The coaching and managing of consultants in this cohort
- Various staffing related projects within Amsterdam and the Northern Europe Office
Specific responsibilities may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Leading staffing process for Digital & Analytics practice consultants ensure that the staffing process is effectively executed. This involves obtaining detailed information from leadership regarding possible studies and likely staffing needs. Recommending best available team of consultants for each study, balancing team and individual needs. Communicating staffing client and non-client decisions and rationales to all parties involved.
To do this effectively, the person should develop a professional relationship with consultants to understand their aspirations, experiences, strengths, development areas, and personal preferences.
- Co-leading the client development time process to ensure meaningful allocation of non-staffed consultants. This involves collecting requests from the leadership and consultant’s allocation to non-client local needs, projects, etc.
- Managing the information flow in the required systems: maintain accurate entry of staffing-related information in relevant systems (i.e., iStaffing), maintain and share up-to-date consultant profiles
- Liaising with finance department: liaise with the Finance department on staffing-related billing arrangements and monthly utilization
- Liaising with staffing coordinators in European Offices and in the global staffing community to explore suitable international study opportunities for our consultants in other offices, and to facilitate inbound/outbound staffing assignments
- Preparing evaluations of consultants: coordinate their performance reviews, launch the process, prepare evaluation committees (agenda, timing, introduction and presentation, logistic, outcome, …)
The candidate must demonstrate the following experiences / capabilities:
- Have at least 3+ years of experience in a professional services firm, preferably (no must) in a consultant role or in talent management or professional development, particularly staffing.
- Problem solving skills and capability of thinking through nuanced and complex situations and finding win/win solutions among stakeholders with differing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) at all levels; strong influencing capabilities and ability to deal with challenging and conflicting situations
- Strong interest and experience in professional development and people, including the ability to build strong relationships with a large group of consultants and a natural curiosity to learn about their strengths and development areas
- A non-hierarchical approach; the flexibility and ability to build consensus
- Confident and decisive decision-making, including the ability to stand by and explain decisions through resistance of involved stakeholders; the ability to find compromises
- Comfortable with multitasking, working under pressure and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Solution oriented, combined with a service mind-set
- Organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- A flexible team player with a collaborative style. High level of drive and initiative, willing to go the extra mile to improve existing processes and implement innovations
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good judgement, strong integrity, maturity and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information.
- Fluent in English and ideally French or Dutch