Our client, a worldwide financial services company, is looking for a professional and autonomous assistant.
The Personal Assistant independently completes a wide range of administrative activities in support of a manager who is responsible for leading a department. The incumbent supports the manager in completing daily activities and managerial/administrative tasks.
As an assistant you will be responsible for following tasks:
- Performs advanced, diversified and sometimes confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Screens calls and visitors, and resolves inquiries. Schedules meetings, prepares and distributes meeting agendas and minutes. Makes travel arrangements and maintains calendar of appointments for assigned manager. Activities may also encompass disciplines such as event planning, bookkeeping, as well as standard areas like word processing, data entry etc. Exercises autonomy in troubleshooting a diverse range of sometimes complex issues as they arise.
- Typically conducts a range of administrative assignments related to the assigned managers' attendance or conduct of seminars, workshops, and/or conferences, among others, including preparation of materials, scheduling and logistical arrangements. May undertake diversified or special projects requiring interaction with multiple teams.
o Could be expected to collaborate on projects related to administrative initiatives.
- Conducts research; compiles, analyses and summarizes information for reports and correspondence. Leverages own contacts and resources, and liaises with other managers on behalf of the assigned manager to facilitate information gathering and confirmation of answers.
- Applies discretion to triage a wide range of requests, questions and problems directed toward the assigned manager. Expected to addresses and/or identify the level of urgency and escalate as necessary.
- May be expected to prepare draft correspondences, memoranda and reports on behalf of and for review by the assigned manager. May establish filing/organizational procedures. Is an intermediate to advanced user of standard business software (word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, etc.)
- May review and analyze complex data, assist with budgets and budget presentations for review and use by the assigned manager. Completes all billing and expense activities, manages supply orders and resolves associated issues on behalf of the office, manager
High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required; bachelor’s degree preferred. Applicable vocational training (e.g., courses on relevant business software like the Microsoft Office Suite of products, basic business writing or similar) preferred;
• 5-7 years experience in a similar role is prefered, previous PA experience is a must
• Effective collaboration and communication, including information exchange with internal and external contacts, is required.
• S/he has very good command of English both written and spoken, good command of French and/or Dutch is welcome.
• S/he must be well organized
• S/he must have a high level of interpersonal skills
Tact, diplomacy and confidentiality are essential skills based on the level of internal and external contacts.
Our client is a worldwide banking and financial services company and one of the largest banks in Belgium. The Belgian office is located in the center of Brussels (1000 Brussels - easy access by public transport)