You will provide a full secretarial service to 1 or 2 Partners and team.
- Making diary appointments, arranging meetings (including booking rooms, confirming dates and locations, distributing agendas and preparing material where required) and diary management.
- Organising travel arrangements.
- Quick and accurate preparation of bills ensuring they are sent out as quickly as possible, following up with Accounts or other departments as required.
- Assisting with timesheet posting if required.
- Opening new matters, gathering information to ensure accuracy and correct spelling of companies/individuals checking with fee earners where necessary
- Accurate proofreading of documents.
- Prepare submission.
- Preparing material (often using PowerPoint) for presentations.
- Typing and amending correspondence and documents, which are often lengthy, and undertaking amendments as necessary.
- Managing fee earner work, allocating and prioritising tasks on a daily basis.
- Filing of paper documents, electronic filing and keeping administrative files up to date.
- Closing files promptly and transferring files.
- Ensures distribution lists and outlook contacts are kept up to date, amending as necessary after new conflicts checks.
- Assist internal clients (all groups within the business) with queries and respond.
- Assisting with business development initiatives, i.e. organising client lunches, etc.
- Assist and take ownership for internal/external queries in a polite, in a timely and professional manner using the most appropriate medium, seek out information and resolve queries.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion at all times, flagging any concerns or issues at the appropriate level.
- Assisting with general office duties and providing back up support for other secretaries and/or fee-earners as required to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Managing fee-earners' e-mails as required and dealing with e-mail queries when appropriate.
- Assists/supports fee earners with internal processes, i.e. picks up IT issues and resolves accordingly.
- Checks new matter memos for accuracy, checks for clearance and keeps fee earners abreast with any issues or reminders. Co-ordinates a file where this may be cross-group.
Our client is a leading international law firm with offices in key business centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
The Belgian office is located in the center of Brussels, easy access with public transport.