Please, only apply if you are in possession of the required passport/work visa to be able to work in Belgium!
As a Junior Executive Assistant you will provide executive, administrative and organizational support to the Executive Assistant of the General Director of CEN-CENELEC. In the beginning you will work with the current Executive Assistant who will be pleased to share her knowledge. The purpose is to grow in the job and to learn from the current EA in order to become the new EA to the General Director. As a teamworker, you will take initiative to build a strong and functional team with other co-workers.
Your main tasks as an Assistant working closely with the Executive Assistant:
• You will report to the Director General and will become the direct support to her
• You will work closely in team with the Executive Assistant to the Director General as well as with the team of “Personal Assistants” to the 3 Directors of the organization
• You will be entitled to support and assist the Director General but also other Directors, Presidents, Vice Presidents, Board Members & Senior Management Staff
• Taking on day-to-day projects and tasks, and therefore building a level of trust with the Director General and enabling her to focus on larger strategic organizational initiatives:
- Operational support
- Writing first drafts of proposals, emails, letters etc.,
- Taking notes during the meetings that the Director General attends and making sure that the action items from the meeting are executed
- Meeting preparation and follow up: reviewing upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the Director General has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible and sending out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary
• Monitoring information flow: sometimes acting as a gatekeeper, ensuring any Director’s involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment
Your responsability as an Assistant, working only with the Event Manager:
• Coordinating with the Event Manager for the smooth running of statutory meetings (incl. logistics, bookings, facilities and amenities, etc) and being the contact point for organizing Member(s).
Our client is ideally situated in the European quarter of Brussels and easily accessible by public transport. Together, CEN and CENELEC provide a platform for the development of European Standards and other technical specifications across a wide range of sectors. They work closely with the European Commission to ensure that standards correspond with any relevant EU legislation.