As a Junior Executive Assistant you will provide executive, administrative and organizational support to the Director Standardization and Digital Solution of CEN-CENELEC and will report directly to her. In the beginning you will work with the current Executive Assistant who will be pleased to share her knowledge. As a teamworker, you will take initiative to build a strong and functional team with other co-workers.
Your main tasks as an Executive Assistant:
• preparing drafts of various volume, reports, memos and letters; amending and finalizing documents (having an active input in the document's production); preparing and editing correspondence on behalf of the Director
• performing quality check of the correspondence for the signature by the Director (including editing and proofreading)
• taking minutes of specific meetings and making sure that the action items from the meeting are executed
• acting as the professional image for the Director for following up identified activities by taking action as required; chasing for data and input as and when required (both with internal and external parties)
• screening incoming mails and calls, and handling them when appropriate
• taking the initiative to identify urgent and important issues and redirecting them to the relevant colleague for action
• organizing and maintaining diaries and feeding the calendar with relevant updates
• meeting and interacting with visitors at all levels of seniority
• planning and organizing (from a to z) specific events, meetings, business travels ect
Our client is ideally situated in the European quarter of Brussels and easily accessible by public transport. Together, CEN and CENELEC provide a platform for the development of European Standards and other technical specifications across a wide range of sectors. They work closely with the European Commission to ensure that standards correspond with any relevant EU legislation.