- Admininistrative Assistant
- Office Management / Facilities
- Management Assistant
Temporary contract to cover an upcoming maternity leave - 6 to 9 months - Brussels
The administrative support person works to a high standard providing a range of administrative services to support the efficient and effective operation of the business. The mix of tasks and the associated volumes will depend on the assigned area – the following list is
illustrative of the nature of the work and is not exhaustive:
1. General Office Administration
• Point of contact for the Brussels office handling calls and dealing with day-to-day enquiries
• Provide administrative support for meetings taking place in the Ibec Brussels office including
admitting and welcoming visitors, setting up room and providing coffee/ teas etc for meetings as
• Provide administrative support for Ibec Executive Director for International Business, including
drawing up and entering POs into Ibec systems for approval and processing.
• Provide administrative support for Ibec Director of EU and International Affairs and Ibec Europe
team, including travel and accommodation for attending BusinessEurope Council of Presidents
and Committee meetings as requested.
• Helping new stagiaires working for Ibec Europe team to settle into the office and to navigate the
local customs, rules, and geography of the Brussels area
• Providing logistical support to Ibec colleagues organizing delegation visits to Brussels or meetings
• Negotiate set rates with hotels to ensure prices charged to Ibec staff are best available. On
request make hotel bookings for colleagues coming to Brussels or delegations
• Assist with the organisation of meetings in Belgium or abroad and any logistical arrangements that
• Checking and dealing with incoming post. Managing and franking outgoing post.
• When needed, translation of documents from French to English and Flemish to English or French
• Assist the Ibec Europe team in the preparation of documents, reports and submissions
2. Finance and Accounts
• Follow financial procedures as set out by Finance department; local link between suppliers to Ibec
Brussels office and Ibec Finance department.
• Raising purchase orders and the follow up on the on-going payment by Head Office of all invoices
issued to the Brussels office.
• Working with Dublin to follow up on the timely and correct delivery of lunch vouchers for staff of
the Brussels office.
• Support budget process and contribute to implementation of same
• Support periodic review of local contracts and costs in the office and for trying to negotiate better
‘deals’ in consultation with Ibec facilities and senior management.
3. Health & Safety
• Support insurance process for office in consultation with Ibec facilities and senior management.
• Support application of Belgian Health and safety rules in the office in consultation with Ibec’s
Senior Facilities and Property Manager and other relevant Ibec senior management.
• Point of contact and carry out initial local research on a variety of local rules
• Initial point of contact with Landlord in Ibec’s Brussels office regarding reporting of Health And
Safety matters in the buildings common areas ( Reception, Lifts etc) as instructed by Senior
Facilities and/or senior management
• Support the set up of new stagiaires in the Brussels office in consultation with Ibec HR including
co-ordination and delivery of the induction of new stagiaires (e.g. internal procedures, security
and IT); and informal assistance with local geography and bureaucratic requirements.
• Local link with representatives of suppliers and companies providing services to the Ibec
• 3. 3. Brussels office - maintenance and contractor liaison
• Arranging for the maintenance or replacement of any office furniture and equipment as necessary
(e.g. light bulbs, fire extinguishers, fir st aid kit, heating system, ink cartridges, any of the
machines in the office, etc).
• Ordering of kitchen supplies – tea, coffee, water, cleaning products etc.
Organising logistics and liaising with European Parliament and other venues for Ibec
Europe events for lobbying and influence at Brussels level.
• Customer service skills
• Good telephone manner
• Planning and organisation skills and capacity to deliver to deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong local knowledge of Brussels; public transport, hotels, public services and customs
• Excellent command English and French necessary, additional knowledge of Flemish an advantage
• Attention to detail
• Reliable - consistency of performance and dependability
• Responsive - willingness and readiness to provide service
• Courteous and friendly
• Punctual and organised
• Team player
• Demonstrates a flexible approach to work
Our client offers
- Temporary employment contract OR freelance contract for a period between 6-9 months
- Very varied and broad administrative support job
- A small team and an international French/English speaking work environment
- Offices located in Brussels and easily accessible by public transport (Schuman) and near to the Parc of Cinquantenaire
- Package based on experience